Spring is an ideal time to think about giving. Some charities receive up to a third of their annual donations in December but through the winter months, charitable offerings tend to wane.
As the weather gets nicer and you start thinking about spring cleaning and refreshing your home, it’s also a great time to think about ways to give back to your community.
10 Ways You Can Up Your Charitable Giving This Spring
Giving doesn’t always need to be financial. Offering your time can be just as important. Whether you want to support people in your neighborhood, impact your environment, or provide aid to organizations around the world, giving opportunities abound. Here are some ways you can help others today.
- Give Stuff Away – Spring cleaning and de-cluttering often leads to purging items you no longer need. Giving to charitable organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, or March of Dimes can help fund programs and provide for people in need.
- Sell Junk and Donate the Proceeds – If you need to earn some cash from your sales, no problem. Consider giving a portion to a food bank, church, or other charity.
- Pick Up Trash – You can have an impact on your local environment by cleaning up a nearby beachfront, park, or sports field. Help the environment and enjoy the fresh air and spring blooms.
- Serve in a Food Kitchen – Get to know homeless people or those with low income who struggle to make ends meet. Help by serving meals or grab a group of friends and host a dinner yourself.
- Participate in Fundraising Events – Help out with yard sales, festivals, and online events to raise money for your favorite cause.
- Assist Seniors with Lawn Maintenance or Seasonal Cleaning – Many seniors or people with special needs can’t do these tasks themselves and money might be too tight to hire them out. Consider volunteering your time. They will appreciate it more than you know.
- Foster Rescue or Therapy Animals – Whether animals are rescued from abuse or wildfires, or being trained to provide therapy, volunteers are always needed to take care of them. If you’re an animal lover, this is a great way to give.
- Deliver Groceries to Vulnerable Neighbors – Many people need to isolate, during the pandemic, to protect their own or their loved ones’ health. If you have extra time on your hands, volunteer to run errands or shop for these folks.
- Provide Companionship to a Person with a Disability – People with special needs often feel isolated and Covid-19 hasn’t helped. Many would appreciate a visit or a video chat.
- Plant Trees – Many organizations work together to rehabilitate California forests after wildfires. If you can help, invest your time or money in reforestation projects like 8 Billion Trees or the Penny Pines project.
While some opportunities have been altered due to social distancing, there are still many ways to help. If you’re looking for ways to get involved, California Volunteers can connect you to a wide variety of non-profit groups who would be glad to have you aboard.
While You’re Giving, Why Not Give Yourself the Gift of a New Career?
With a global pandemic, life around us is changing at breakneck speed. Maybe you’ve lost your job or have decided to pursue a new career. Or maybe you’re just finishing up your education and deciding what to do next. Real estate offers a flexible schedule, freedom from the corporate environment, and a potentially lucrative profession.
If you’ve got questions, check out an upcoming virtual Career Day event. Our licensed, active professionals will answer all your questions about how to get started in the industry and whether real estate is right for you.
Spring into Something New
If you’re ready to jump into a real estate career, we’ve got all the training you need to get licensed and working in as little as three months.
Our Group Study and Fast Track programs offer interactive or self-paced training to meet your learning needs. Choose between virtual or in-class sessions that include all the required state-regulated materials. Plus, you’ll get over 1100 practice exam questions and a 1-day live preparation class to make sure you’re ready for the California real estate exam.
We know life can get in the way so we also offer course extensions if you need a little more time.
KW Real Estate Schools: We’re Giving This Spring Too!
We’ve got several charity programs in the works for 2021. This month, 5% of every enrollment will be going to the San Diego Food Bank.
We’ll also be helping plant trees in the Sierra National Forest. Visit our Facebook and Instagram pages to find out how you can help. Click to like, follow, and stay up to date with our community projects this year.